So you've grown a beard...well done for manning up! Now you’ve got to take care of it and keep that mane in good condition. Question is how? We’ve heard people use face cream to hair spray on their beards?!
Those mentioned above are a definite no no for the beard. Your facial hair is different from the hair on your head and using products that contain chemicals found in regular hair products are definitely not suitable. This is where beard oil comes in. Our beard oils are made from 100% natural ingredients, containing primarily olive and argan oil. Both of these oils are known for their beneficial hair and skin care properties.
Some benefits of olive oil are:
- Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fats and vitamins that are good for both skin and hair.
- The beard can be a very dry place. Good thing is that olive oil is a natural moisturiser. When worked into the beard it will help moisturise and rehydrate the skin underneath the hair or stubble.
- It helps prevent a frizzy beard and can help tame the mane.
- Want a softer beard? Olive oil will nourish & rejuvenate the hair.
Let’s talk about argan oil:
- Also known as 'liquid gold', argan oil is derived from the nut of the argan tree which is found only in certain areas in Morocco, making it quite rare.
- It is highly rich in Vitamin E which contains antioxidants that can help boost cells and hair growth.
- The oil also adds shine and gloss to hair which will make your beard appear healthy.
- Just like olive oil, argan oil can be used as conditioner. You can even use the beard oil before as well as after taking a shower or washing your face.
So in a nutshell, beard oil will keep your beard nourished, hydrated, looking good and not to forget smelling fantastic. We all have to look after the hair on our head isn’t it time we did the same for our facial hair?
You can find our signature beard oils here.